I'm 5 weeks pregnant with very light brown discharge. I don't see my dr till 8 weeks along.. Saw it when i woke up on my panty liner.. I don't see it when I use the restroom. 20 yrs old with normal pregnancy symptoms.

Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Fertility Medicine

In brief: There

There are many reasons to have spotting in early pregnancy.
It can signal that the pregnancy is not healthy or perhaps in the wrong location (tubes), but more commonly changes in blood flow to your reproductive organs makes them fragile and prone to bleed spontaneously or after sex. If it is very light and stops, then do not worry about it, but if it persists or gets heavier call your dr's office and try to move your appointment up or at least request that they give you an order for an ultrasound to check that your pregnancy is ok. Hope this helps.

In brief: There

Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Dr. Jane Van Dis