Do I have a drinking problem? I drink every weekend. That's friday night, saturday, and often times saturday night as well... And when i say "drink, " i mean i really lose myself... But other than that, i can honestly say i don't see alcohol all week.. A

In brief: You

You might be following yourself.
Only about 5% of alcoholics are of the "skid row bum" variety.You do not have to drink daily to be an alcoholic or to have a drinking problem. Here are some questions you can ask yourself: have you tried to cut down on your alcohol use or to quit in the past without lasting success? How much time each week do you spend either purchasing booze, getting to a bar, drinking, being hung over or sleeping it off? Do you have to drink more now than you used to, in order to get a buz or to become intoxicated? Do you find that drinking the same amount you drank in the past just doesn’t do it for you? Do you ever set a limit for your drinking and go over the limit? I am only going to have 3 drinks tonight, but instead you have six or maybe you say, i will go home by ten pm but instead you stay out drinking until two am. Has your doctor every told you to drink less? Have you ever gotten irritated when other people comment on your alcohol use? Do you ever drink even if you are on medications and your doctor says it is contraindicated? Do you ever drink and drive? Have you ever been in trouble for drinking? Have you ever been late for work because you were sleeping one off? Do you ever fail to do things that are important in your life because you would rather drink instead? These are just a small sampling of questions.It sounds like you have already identified that you may have a drinking problem because two to three times per week you "really lose myself.".

In brief: You

You might be following yourself.
Dr. Reynald Ferraz

In brief: I

I would say you might have a drinking problem, just on the basis of you saying you are losing yourself.
Who wants to "lose myself" anyway, so why would you drink this way. You're also consuming excessive quantities that is harmful for the body in the long run; if you agree with this then why even do something like it in a short run (i.e. Playing with fire). Too much of something is considered a poison to the body's natural tendency to keep things in harmony.

In brief: I

Dr. Reynald Ferraz
Dr. Reynald Ferraz
Dr. Keegan Duchicela