3. How might endometriosis affect my sex life? 4. What should I tell my partner about my condition? In a previous exam at a public health clinic I was told that I have endometriosis now I have the above concerns

Endo & Life. Endometriosis is not contagious and will not affect your partner. Endometriosis is endometrial tissue that has implanted in abnormal places such as pelvis, ovary, bladder, or colon due to retrograde menstruation. When you have a a period, this tissue also bleeds causing pain, pelvic scarring and progressive infertility. It should be treated with laparoscopy, argon beam coagulation, and zoladex (goserelin).
Patients . Patients with endometriosis are more likely to have discomfort with sex due the scarring and inflammation in the reproductive organs associated with the condition. If it does not affect your sex life now, it probably will not in the near future. Endometriosis is diagnosed only via laparoscopy (a surgical procedure), clinical examinations may be suggestive of, but not diagnostic since other conditions can mimic the disease. You should tell your partner, particularly if you have discomfort during sex, for him to be knowledgeable, responsive and respectful of your needs. Hope this helps.