I was wondering what are some causes and solutions for back pain? A couple of hours I started to get painful back spasms in my middle back an inch or so left from my spin. At the time I was justbsitting comfortably, and I had not done anything to hurt it

Back pain. The back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement ... I recommend you try stretching exercise, massage and heat pads first. You also can try Ibuprofen over the counter as needed. If your pain persists, you should seek help from a pain management doctor. You might benefit from a comprehensive evaluation and treatment.
I . I do not know the cause of your back pain. A muscle spasm is caused by an abnormal contraction of the muscle. It can be especially painful if the spasm is near a nerve root (from the spinal cord). The muscle fibers become torn with a spasm and there may be bleeding into the muscle. As you have already figured, certain movements can cause increased pain. Some things which might put you at risk for developing this type of back pain includes abnormal curvature of your spine, weak stomach muscles, weak muscles in your back or a variety of medical conditions like arthritis, a bulging or ruptured disk, spinal stenosis, previous injuries etc. If you have a new acute injury, ice can be helpful. If this is a chronic problem — consider heat (moist heat in a shower or jacuzzi or a heating pad — ensuring that you don’t burn yourself).