What is the cause of bad breath? I have bad breath. I went to a dentist office because I thought that I have gum disease. The told me that I don't have it (I have no insurance, so I have to self pay). They clean my tooth and took X-ray and did'n find an

Many things. Besides gum disease other factors can cause bad breath or halitosis. It could be related to your diet. It could be related to a build up of bacteria not only on your teeth and gums, but also on your tongue and cheeks. I would recommend a tongue cleaner or gently using you tooth brush on your tongue, cheeks and the roof of your mouth to help reduce the bacteria that can contribute to bad breath.
Bad Breath. My esteemed colleagues gave you great answers. There are many medical & dental causes of bad breath. 2 other points. First, it can be combinations of different issues as well as rotating issues over time. See the following website for more information: http://smilesapartcosmeticdentist.Com/fresh-breath-control.Htm finally, consider special mouth rinses as breathrx that remove sulfur gases.
Oral hygiene . The most common reason for bad breath is poor oral hygiene, so make sure you are brushing, flossing and cleaning your tongue as recommended by your dentist. Many patients do not have insurance so do not let that deter you from the dental care you need. Your health is worth the investment. If not dental disease then acid reflux, post nasal drip, allergies , GI problem can cause so see md.
I . I do not know the reason you have halitosis (bad breath). The most common reason for bad breath is gum disease (gingivitis). Plaque between the gums and the teeth can lead to gingivitis. Plaque is a combination of food, dead cells and bacteria which can lead to odor. From what you indicated the dentist did not find evidence of gingivitis or tooth decay. Even if you brush and floss your teeth regularly, you may need to also scrape your tongue to remove bacteria. What are other possible causes for bad breath? Sinus infections, post nasal drip, tonsillitis, sores in the mouth, infections of the throat, gastric reflux and bronchitis can all lead to bad breath. If you have a naturally dry mouth or you take medications that cause dry mouth, this can also be problematic. What might help your bad breath? The first thing is to determine the cause. Going to the dentist and getting a professional cleaning was an excellent first step. If smoke tobacco —don’t. If you drink very much alcohol — don’t. Watch intake of foods or spices that are malodorous (i.e., garlic and onions). Brush your teeth as least once a day. Get a new toothbrush at least every three months and sooner if the bristles become worn or sharp. Floss at least once a day and gently use a tongue scraper. Gargle with a mouthwash that is antibacterial. If you have a dry mouth, there are prescription gums and washes to enhance salivation. Address any underlying causes. Good luck.
Bad . Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is most often a result from poor dental or poor oral hygiene but may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath can also be made worse by the types of foods you eat and other unhealthy lifestyle habits. In general, the smell comes from decaying food, which may accumulate in the teeth, in the grooves of your tongue or underneath dentures. In about 10 percent of bad breath cases, the bad odors do not come from the mouth but rather is a manifestation of systemic disease. For example, some illnesses, such as some cancers and diabetes, can cause a distinctive breath odor as a result of chemicals they produce. Chronic reflux of stomach acids (gastroesophageal reflux disease) has been associated with bad breath. An unusual cause is seen in very thin, older individuals - namely zenker's diverticulum (zd). A diverticulum is a pouch or sac that is created by herniation of a muscle wall. Zd are pouches that develop in the pharynx just above the upper esophageal sphincter. Food may become trapped there, causing difficulties in swallowing, bad breath, regurgitation, and irritation. Another source of bad breath is the nasal passages including sinuses. Sinus infections can cause mouth odor. Sometimes bad breath can be traced to upper and lower respiratory infections. If you have ruled out a dental source, you may wish to consult an otolaryngologist, also known as a ENT doctor or head and neck surgeon.
Hygiene and diet. 6 mo cleanings, proper flossing and brushing, tongue brushing, eliminating certain foods like garlic and curry, and thos that may cause GI problems, like gas and reflux.