Can blood in your stool be related to hyperthyroidism? I just saw an endocrinologist last week and it is suspected I have hyperthyroidism (weight loss, high pulse rate, TSH blood work, amongst other things). A few weeks ago i thought i noticed a little bi

In brief: I

I am not aware of a direct correlation between hyperthyroidism and blood in stool in humans.
However, people with hyperthyroidism may have loose or liquid stools as well as more frequent bowel movements. If this was the case, theoretically if could cause irritation which could lead to some bleeding. With that said, you can not assume that is the case. The reason for what appears to be blood mixed in with your stool needs to be evaluated. I recommend that you discuss this with your doctor as this is likely a separate issue. I hope that this is helpful.

In brief: I

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology