Trauma and back pain? I was hit by a drunk driver and have had back pain ever since. It's gotten much worse over the years and about eight months ago i was told i had a herniated disc. About two weeks ago i was working on a ladder and fell about five or

Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management

In brief: Back pain

The back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement .
.. It sounds like your pain might come from trauma. I recommend you seeking help from a health care provider (pain management physician, spine surgeon ...) you might benefit from a comprehensive evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Back pain

Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le

In brief: There

There can be a number of things that occured to worsen your back pain.
You could have a vertebral fracture. The disc may be more herniated or could actually extrude out. You could have ligament or muscle injuries. There could be pressure on a nerve root. In light of the severity of your pain, i recommend that you seek medical care. In the meantime, heat from a shower or possibly a heating pad (don't burn yourself) may help to relax the muscles and increase circulation in the area to help remove pain chemicals.

In brief: There

Dr. Eric Weisman