Anxiety or blood clot in lung for the last week and a half I have had a heaviness in my chest mostly on the left side along with shortness of breathe. Seen my doctor and said it was probably my anxiety/hyperventalation since my heart rate was 132 BP was

In brief: I

I cannot provide a diagosis for your symptoms.
As a psychiatrist, i can tell you that normally, i would want to ensure that possible medical diagnoses have been ruled out before i stated that a problem is solely behavioral health in nature. I can also tell you that many medical conditions can cause marked anxiety and panic. I recall being called to the emergency room once to see a man who was very axious. I looked at his ekg and the cause of his anxiety soon became apparent. He was having an acute myocardial infarction (heart attack). This is not in anyway to suggest that you are having a heart attack. Symptoms of panic attacks can include discrete epidoses of panic or extreme anxiety (usually lasting 10 minutes or less for acute part), rapid breathing, chest tightness or pain, nausea or butterflies in stomach sensation, feeling lightheaded or dizzy, numbness or tingling, rapid or pounding heart beat, fear of going crazy, fear of dying, feeling very unreal, just to mention a few.

In brief: I

In brief: You

You may need further investigation by specialists like cardiologist/pulmonologists before your symptoms could be considered as manifestation of anxiety disorder.

In brief: You

Dr. Raveendra Suryadevara
Dr. Raveendra Suryadevara

In brief: This

This absolutely sounds like something that could be non psychiatric in nature.
I would suggest a workup by a cardiologist and pulmonologist as well.Oral contraceptives may make you more prone to forming clots. The bottom line, is that it is impossible to tell you whether this is psychiatric or not without the appropriate testing. If you are worried about blood clots in your lung, the definitive test would be a ct angiogram. However, with a heart rate of 132 and consistent chest pain/shortness of breath, a workup is warranted.

In brief: This

Dr. David Greuner
Dr. David Greuner
Dr. Eric Weisman