I have been dealing with a painful rash under my right breast. Since last summer, I have been dealing with a mild rash under my right breast - mostly itching. My dr. Said it was due to perspiration and to use talcum powder, although she did not check the

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: I

I would see a dermatologist who can hopefully pinpoint the exact cause of your rash.
It could be intertrigo, fungal, eczema, psoriasis (inverse type), allergy, or several other possibilities. A skin scraping or biopsy can help if it isn't clear to the dermatologist. In the meantime, powders and keeping good the breast supported can help. Learn more about some of these conditions on the link below. I hope that helps!

In brief: I

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward

In brief: The

The moist, warm environment between the breast and the chest wall is a haven for fungus to grow.
Here are two suggestions which might help to keep that area dry. The first is to go to a specialty bra shop to be fitted. Although this is usually not inexpensive, the staff at these stores are remarkable for identifying the right undergarments and fits for women. Added pluses would be that the proper support could take pressure off your back and you may be very pleased with how you look. Another option would be to wear a white tee shirt until this resolves more. If the area is drier, the infection may go away more quickly with use of the right medication. Good luck.

In brief: The

Dr. Adam Levy