Can I have warts without sexual intercourse hi, i am 22 years old and have no prior sexual experience. I have been having these small 10-12 pimple likebumps on my labia majora. They are skin coloured and do not itch. They are neither painful nor have an

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: Very

Very difficult to tell without a clinical examination.
It is also possible these are benign sebaceous hyperplasia (fordyce spots) which are common in the genital area in males and females. I hope that helps.

In brief: Very

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: DON'T

Don't worry! genital warts (hpv) are an std and requires sexual contact.
Having said that, sexual contact means any contact including 'oral to gential' . So if you have had 'no sexual experience' you have zero chance of having genital warts. Genital warts usually are on the labia minora, are fleshy-pink, and grow 'out' (not 'bumpy'). So 'what do I have?'-you ask. Remember, doctors can not diagnose over the phone or internet but it sounds like you may a low grade folliculitis (inflammation of hair follicles) due to shaving. Repeated shaving of pubic hair causes skin to raise up around hair shafts. If any redness occurs then you an infection. Your best bet is to stop shaving and use a hair trimmer set @ 1-2. Another possibility is a very common benign 'bumpy skin' condition like that found on upper arm (called keratosis pilaris) anyway, i recommend seeing your primary care provider or gyn for confirmation of diagnosis and to discuss your depression hang in there!

In brief: DON'T

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely