Can beer stop you from growing? Taller?

Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Perhaps

Alcohol simply is not a good idea for a developing brain and because it can interfere with testosteron levels etc.
It might indeed limit height...But the main problem with alcohol when young is it can harm the brain and stunt emotional growth and that is perhaps even more important than bone growth when it comes to eventual health and well being.

In brief: Perhaps

Dr. James Rotchford
Dr. James Rotchford

In brief: I

I do not know that there are specific chemicals in beer that stunt growth.
However, the body needs a well balanced diet with a variety of nutrients to grow and develop correctly. I sometimes meet people who get the majority of their daily calories from alcohol. As a result they are often malnurished with defiencies of various vitamins and minerals.

In brief: I

Dr. Marsha Davis