I ingested to much baking soda and water and have been sick from it all day. Is there anything i can do? 5 teaspoons of baking soda and 40 oz of water

Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: Baking

Baking soda is simply sodium bicarbonate, a relatively common compound.
Although the adverse reactions to the administration of sodium bicarbonate can include metabolic alkalosis, edema due to sodium overload, congestive heart failure, hyperosmolar syndrome, hypervolemic hypernatremia, and hypertension due to increased sodium, the dose you took is relatively small. I suspect that simply returning to a regular diet should resolve any symptoms you had, unless they are unrelated to the baking soda.

In brief: Baking

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Marsha Davis