Breast feeding while using can I breastfeed my five month old while taking terconazole cream 0.4% (for yeast infection)?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: According

According to the lactmed database the safety of terconazole vaginal cream is unknown for breastfeeding mothers.
The recommendation is to use another drug if the baby is a newborn or premature. An alternative is Clotrimazole vaginal cream, this can be bought over the counter and is unlikely to cause any adverse affects in a breastfed baby. You can also discuss this further with your doctor or pharmacist. Take care.

In brief: According

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Shontae Buffington