If I only get two radiation treatments to my pelvis, will my ovaries be damaged too much to have children?

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Depends

Depends on the dose/ fraction and proximity of the field to the ovary.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

In brief: No

The doctor who gave this treatment should be able to tell you.
If the dose is less than 600 centigray to the ovary, then the ovaries should be okay. I am not sure why a person would get two treatments as that is unusual. The closest thing i can think of is one treatment for a hip to prevent heterotopic bone formation and the ovary is avoided altogether in that case.

In brief: No

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: But why 2 XRT

Treatments to your "pelvis"? I know of no indications for 2 treatments, unless we are talking about intracavitary treatment for cervix cancer, where the dose to ovaries will be quite high.
You are disserved by asking us without adequate information, when you need to ask the pprovider of "2 XRT treatments" what the intent is, and what your ovarian dose might be, and will it effect fertility.

In brief: But why 2 XRT

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Shontae Buffington