If I have seed implants for prostate cancer, will I still be able to have an mri?

Dr. Phillip Porch
General Practice

The seeds are non magnetic.
The radioactive material is covered in a titanium shell who's is both non reactive in the body and not magnetic.

The seeds are non magnetic.
Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

After a couple of months the seeds have scarred into place and will no longer move.
Also they are made of titanium which is not magnetic.

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Mrs D'Anconia..if

You have seed implants, it would be quite unusual.
..Only men have prostates. The role of mr in prostate is to identify extension beyond prostate. The capsules for 125-iodine are not ferro-magnetic, but the magnetic field may heat them, and may provide artifact in the image. You certainly could have mr in any other part of your body without hazard, but the veracity of mr image post seed is ?

In brief: Mrs D'Anconia..if

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Philip Chao
in my experience they cause little or no artifact. Of course you might want staging of prostate cancer after treatment so this is not uncommon. Your comments don't make sense to me.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela