If I have colon cancer and get radiation therapy, can I safely have sex with my husband?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
Once you leave the radiation room there is no radiation left in you to effect your husband.
As long as you do not have discomfort in the abdomen, pelvis or genitals there is no reason you can not have sex.

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology
Radiation for colon cancer/ rectal cancer is usually external beam x-rays, no need to worry about any radioactivity since it is only x-rays.
Side effects are local. Some bowel and bladder irritation is typical. So long as you are not having too many symptoms and feel comfortable having sex, it is fine and safe to have vaginal intercourse.

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham