If I have colon cancer and get radiation therapy, can I safely have sex with my husband?

Yes. Once you leave the radiation room there is no radiation left in you to effect your husband. As long as you do not have discomfort in the abdomen, pelvis or genitals there is no reason you can not have sex.
Yes. Radiation for colon cancer/ rectal cancer is usually external beam x-rays, no need to worry about any radioactivity since it is only x-rays. Side effects are local. Some bowel and bladder irritation is typical. So long as you are not having too many symptoms and feel comfortable having sex, it is fine and safe to have vaginal intercourse.