Does having breast discharge while not breastfeeding really means i might have breast cancer? When my left nipple is stimulated a bit it releases a small discharge very similar to that of breastfeeding. I am not pregnant and my daughter is 4yrs so I am no

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Galactorrhea

You may have gala torches where you produce breast milk even though you aren't breast feeding.
It can be due to a variety of reasons such as drugs, trauma, etc. Talk to your obstatrician about it.

In brief: Galactorrhea

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. John Rimmer
Surgery

In brief: Usually benign

Nipple discharge can be caused by a malignant lesion if it is spontaneous ie comes out on its own or is bloody if the discharge is milky and only comes out with stimulation then it is benign and i would not be concerned it usually will stop on ts own mention t to your gyn at your next visit.

In brief: Usually benign

Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: A

A breast discharge is one sign of breast cancer.
However, it can also be caused by infection. The difference between these two diagnoses is obviously very great, so you should see your doctor for an evaluation.

In brief: A

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery