What is the procedure called when a blister is opened? Covering removed I had the covering of a two inch blister removed with a scalpel. What is the procedure called?

That . That is typically called "de-roofing" a blister. I hope that helps.
Also . Also called "unroofing." however, if it is an abcess with pus in it (indicating infection) instead of clear blister fluid, it would then be called "i and d" or incision and drainage. Incidentally, speaking of proper medical terminology, what most people call a "blister" is instead generally called a "vesicle" in medical talk.