How long will it take for my skin and hair to go back to normal after radiation and chemo for lung cancer?

Weeks to Months. If the skin had a sunburn effect it take a few weeks after radiation to get back to normal. Hair takes longer with chemotherapy. When i see patients at the first follow up check at about 4 months there is hair beginning to grow about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It can also come back in different texture curly or straight opposite of what it was. Radiation to the head along with chemo slows it even more.
Months. From chemotherapy it usually takes 6 months from the time of completing chemotherapy to have a very short haircut. If the radiation was done to the lung that wouldn't effect the hair. If it was done to head for brain mets than it may take longer than 6 months.