I've had mirena for a year and a half and I haven't had any type of period since just recently I started bleeding like my normal f I've had mirena for a year and a half and I haven't had any type of period since just recently I started bleeding like my no

The . The fact that you have been bleeding for 2 weeks is worrisome. You need to see your doctor for an evaluation. You will need to be screened for anemia. Also you may be given a hormone (provera) to stop the bleeding. It is difficult to say why you started bleeding now; what likely occurred is that you had a build up of your uterine lining over the past year and a half, and now you are having what we call a dysfunctional uterine bleed. Depending on your age and other factors, your doctor may decide to perform a biopsy of your uterus and possibly remove the iud. Also, an ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out. Please see your doctor right away. Best of luck.