How likely is it that I will survive lung cancer with just radiation and chemotherapy?

Dr. David Cooke
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: For stage I and II
For stage i and ii lung cancer, the standard of care is anatomic surgical resection.
This potentiall can be done minimally invasively.

In brief: For stage I and II
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Steven Eisenberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Need a lot more info
To properly address your question, we need to first distinguish whether one is diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer versus small cell lung cancer. The next question is what is the stage of the disease.
Stage IV non-small cell and extensive stage small cell lung cancer are not considered curable lung cancers. The goal of treatment in these cases is to shrink the tumors and control symptoms.

In brief: Need a lot more info
Dr. Steven Eisenberg
Dr. Steven Eisenberg
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: It is possible.
Depends on the type of lung cancer.
There are four types. It also depends on the stage of cancer. As the stage gets higher it is less likely or even impossible. Stage i for example is about 70 percent. Stage iiib is about 20 percent. Stage IV is not likely at all, though some long term reponders do exist.

In brief: It is possible.
Depends on the type of lung cancer.
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Reza Shirazi
For stage I lung cancer treated with Cyberknife, rates of 80-90% cure has been reported.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology