After accident, I have this pounding headaches for 5 days already besides the greenishbruises, difficulty in taking deep breath with all the above symptoms, who I should see, a family doctor? A dc? Or a specialist? A MRI scan? I have visited ER after t

Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: Hard

Hard to comment without more specifics about the accident, where you were hit, what specifics of the injury, loss of consciousness? Belted or unbelted? Nature and degree of car damage? From what it sounds like though, you were taken to the er where a series of x-rays and ct scans were done and presumably they sent you home.
I assume now that you are having some pains, headaches and bruising. The discoloration is normal, blood in a bruise will turn green and blue when it is being resorbed into the body. You will have contusions which will be sore and pain medications and heating pads will help this. If you hit the ribs, you may have some soreness and difficulty taking a deep breath also. The headaches are not unusual after an injury, if you hit your head, this could be due to a concussion. However if the headaches do not improve or worsen, if you develop nausea and vomiting or have changes in your vision, you should go to a general surgeon that is knowledgable in trauma, or to a neurologist. A MRI may be helpful to rule out concussion.

In brief: Hard

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Eric Weisman