I can not hold my urine, if i don't get to the bathroom it seems to start on its own. I have not control over it. I am 59 years old, it does not happen atlot but should not happen at all.

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon problem for older women.
If that's you, and if this has been going on for a while without any pain or blood in the urine, then you should probably look for a gynecologic urologist to help you out. If you are a man, then this could represent something called overflow incontinence. Your prostate may be enlarged, which prevents you from fully emptuing your bladder. It then fills up quickly, reaching a point of being overly full; this starts an uncontrollable release of urine. If this is your case, then you should see a urologist for testing of your prostate. If this is a new problem or if it is associated with pain or bleeding, then it could be a urinary tract infection. Talk to your regular doctor about a urine test a nd possible antibiotics.

In brief: Unfortunately,

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Marsha Davis