How accurate are doctors' estimations of how long a cancer patient will live?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Somewhat accurate
Unfortunely often times doctors don't tell people the statistics of what may happen.
Patients can be on the out side of the statistics and live longer or shorter than predicted. I always tell people this is not a tv show and i never say you have 3 months to live. People with stage 4 (metastatic) cancers can live a long time depending on the cancer. But doctors are not god and can only guide.

In brief: Somewhat accurate
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Fairly accurate
The estimations are just that, educated estimate based on published literature of how people with the same disease characteristics have done in the past.

In brief: Fairly accurate
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Reza Shirazi