Will fractional laser treatment improve my wrinkles without completely changing my face? I have crows' feet next to my eyes and laugh lines around my mouth. They make me look older, but they also make me more expressive. I'm afraid to get plastic surgery,

Yes. Co2 laser is very good for treating those fine lines. The depth of treatment or number of treatments will dictate how drastic that difference is.
Laser for wrinkles. Fractional carbon dioxide laser can be an effective treatment for expression wrinkles around eyes and mouth. There is some downtime but the results lasts for several years and maintain a natural appearance.
Yes. You will need to have several treatments but Fractional laser will definitely improve your fine wrinkles, discolorations, and improve the texture of your skin. It won't take away very deep lines such as what you may be calling laugh lines, but it will DEFINITELY not change your face. People won't know you have had anything done, only that you look better. Look at RealSelf. Com.
Yes, but. Yes, but results may not be what you want. See a facial plastic surgeon who can explore more invasive options with better results.
Yes. As an alternative to surgery, there are many non-surgical procedures available for facial rejuvenation. The best approach usually involves a combination of treatments including chemical peels and/or laser, toxins as with Botox or Dysport and fillers. When used in combination, the effects are much more than can be accomplished alone.
Yes. Your expressions and facial shape will be the same, but the wrinkles will be softer & improved.
In. In short, when done by a seasoned professional....Yes!
Depends on you. Laser treatments can be very effective for what you describe. The fractional laser is a type of laser that does not give a lot of down time, but you have to go back a few times to get enough energy in the skin to make a noticeable result. It should not change your face. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon, ent, or dermatologist. Together you will come up with a plan.