Will fractional laser treatment improve my wrinkles without completely changing my face? I have crows' feet next to my eyes and laugh lines around my mouth. They make me look older, but they also make me more expressive. I'm afraid to get plastic surgery,

Dr. Patrick Schaner
Surgery - Plastics

Co2 laser is very good for treating those fine lines.
The depth of treatment or number of treatments will dictate how drastic that difference is.

Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. James Newman
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Laser for wrinkles

Fractional carbon dioxide laser can be an effective treatment for expression wrinkles around eyes and mouth.
There is some downtime but the results lasts for several years and maintain a natural appearance.

In brief: Laser for wrinkles

Dr. James Newman
Dr. James Newman
2 comments
Dr. Jorge De la Pedraja
The wrinkles around the eyes(crow's feet) can also be treated with Botox. This is not permanent as you have to redo about every 3 or months
Dr. Jorge De la Pedraja
The laugh lines(nasolabial folds) are best treated with dermal fillers like restylane, perlane, or juvederm. These are all hyaluronic acids.
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

You will need to have several treatments but Fractional laser will definitely improve your fine wrinkles, discolorations, and improve the texture of your skin.
It won't take away very deep lines such as what you may be calling laugh lines, but it will DEFINITELY not change your face. People won't know you have had anything done, only that you look better. Look at RealSelf.com.

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Yes, but

Yes, but results may not be what you want.
See a facial plastic surgeon who can explore more invasive options with better results.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. David Levens
Surgery - Plastics

As an alternative to surgery, there are many non-surgical procedures available for facial rejuvenation.
The best approach usually involves a combination of treatments including chemical peels and/or laser, toxins as with Botox or Dysport and fillers. When used in combination, the effects are much more than can be accomplished alone.

Dr. David Levens
Dr. David Levens
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

Your expressions and facial shape will be the same, but the wrinkles will be softer & improved.

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. James Newman
Fractional carbon dioxide laser resurfacing is the most effective treatment an has been performed in our clinic for the past 5 years.
Dr. Benjamin Cilento
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: In

In short, when done by a seasoned professional....Yes!

In brief: In

Dr. Benjamin Cilento
Dr. Benjamin Cilento
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends on you

Laser treatments can be very effective for what you describe.
The fractional laser is a type of laser that does not give a lot of down time, but you have to go back a few times to get enough energy in the skin to make a noticeable result. It should not change your face. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon, ent, or dermatologist. Together you will come up with a plan.

In brief: Depends on you

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth