Is a mini tummy tuck a better option for reducing abdominal fat than liposuction? I don't think I am obese but I definitely have the proverbial "spare tire" around my waist. I wanted to know whether liposuction or a mini tummy tuck would be best for someo

Tummy tuck options. The best answer for you would require a personal consultation with a plastic surgeon experienced in all of the procedures. Liposuction is not a good idea if there is skin laxity, and the decision of a mini vs a full tummy tuck is not usually one you can determine on your own.
Depends. Good advice would require in-person consultation ( complete history, physical, and communication of goals). Generally, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated for patients who have had pregnancy and/or significant weight gain/loss. Candidates for liposuction surgery present with localized areas of diet and exercise resistant adipose.
Not necessarily . If you don't have excess loose skin around your lower belly, liposuction may be the right thing for you. If there is too much skin laxity, cutting out the skin as is done in a mini tummy tuck , may be necessary but will leave a much bigger scar. Your plastic surgeon needs to examine you.
What . What surgery will help you achieve your desired goal depends on a number of factors. Typically, if your tummy muscles are tight, liposuction may be your best option. If you have had children and there is some muscle laxity, you may benefit from some form of tummy tightening either as a mini or a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). You will do best by choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon to schedule a consultation to discuss your concerns. I recommend you go to your appointment with your questions written out to try and get the most information possible from your visit. I hope this helps. Dr edwards.
Liposuction . Liposuction vs. Mini tummy tuck or even full tummy tuck will depend on several factors, and the best way to figure it out is to go see a board certified plastic surgeon. Liposuction works well to remove fat, but it does not remove skin. If the skin is folding over, liposuction alone may cause the skin to fold more. A tummy tuck, on the other hand, removes excess skin and flattens out the fold. .
If . If your skin is fairly tight, and your abdominal muscles don't bulge excessively, then liposuction can be an excellent option to remove extra fat deposits. If you have loose or wrinkled skin, this is best treated with an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), sometimes in combination with liposuction. A "mini tummy tuck" doesn't simply mean that the tummy tuck is smaller than a full tummy tuck- it refers to a procedure to tighten skin and muscles below the belly button only. Most patients actually require a full tummy tuck as compared to a mini tummy tuck. Clearly, there are multiple factors to consder when determining the "best" procedure for any particular patient. You absolutely should consult a plastic surgeon certified by the american board of plastic surgery to help you.
The . The best procedure depends on several factors. Liposuction only removes fat and it depends on intact elastic skin and good underlying musculature to achieve a satisfactory outcome. A mini tumy tuck will treat lax skin or scar as well as widened muscles below the belly button. If you have either of the latter conditions, a mini tummy tuck may be a better option for you. See this video to understand the differences in tummy tucks (witch hazel) and body contouring procedures: http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=h71ijjadmzs.