How long can I expect a Brazilian butt lift to last? I really want to improve my sagging rear end by having a Brazilian butt lift procedure. However, I am not sure about undergoing a dangerous surgical procedure. I also don't want to have surgery if the r

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It Can Be Permanent

BBL success is highly dependent on surgical technique during fat extraction, processing, and reinjection.
It is also important for the patient to follow the post-op restrictions to ensure success.

When done correctly, fat grafts are permanent. When done incorrectly, they may not last and you may need a re-do. (http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2009/12/03/recipe-for-permanent-fat-injections/)

In brief: It Can Be Permanent

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Marcus Peterson
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: A

A brazilian butt lift is very long lasting.
The fat that is transferred into the flat buttocks is living and will remain living as normal fat. No all of the fat that is transferred at the time of surgery will survive but after several months the fat that does survive will be there for life. Sometimes you need to repeat the the fat transfer to get the fullness you desire. Best wishes dr. Peterson.

In brief: A

Dr. Marcus Peterson
Dr. Marcus Peterson
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Fat Transfer Lasts

Bbl will have lasting benefits for years.
A brazilian butt lift involves harvesting fat from an unwanted area and then preparing it for transfer where it is injected into the buttocks as a living transplant. Often times for the best appearance it is necessary to have more than one session for this procedure. As long as you maintain your body at a stable level, the results should be permanent.

In brief: Fat Transfer Lasts

Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. John Walker
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It

It all depends on who is doing the surgery! regarding which is best for you, you need to visit a cosmetic surgery professional, who has experience in these procedures.
If a surgeon has "mastered" a surgery, it generally takes years of experience, and thousands of hours of operating. The answer is both are safe in the right hands. The provisos mentioned above are true or implants, & the failure rate of buttock implants is high, and very high in inexperienced hands. I stay away from buttock implants and have had great success with liposuction and fat transfer. Again this is not a procedure for everyone, & if you have had several children, or lost a lot of weigh, & have a lot of loose skin, lipo will not treat that and it may even make it a little more loose. Also if you have too little fat it doesn't usually work well as you don't get a large enough change in my opinion. I have performed over 350 of these cases in the last 7 years, & use an average of 1250cc of fat on each butt cheek, which is more than any butt implants than i know of, & more than most other surgeons that i know would dream of using. After my five year follow up patients return with their family members, still being happy about their results, then I am also happy that I am doing a long lasting, great looking job. In my first 350 patients i had 65% of my patients rate their results as excellent, 20 % as very good, 11% as good, and only 4% as fair, & none "poor". Feel free to take a look yourself: www.Bestplasticsurgerypractice.Com/logingallery.Html.

In brief: It

Dr. John Walker
Dr. John Walker
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: A

A brazilian butt lfit is accomplished by transfer of living fat cells from other parts of the body to the buttocls.
Once they are transferred a certain percentage die but the remaining fat cell live and will remain with you for life.

In brief: A

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Keegan Duchicela