I have a ostomy bag as a result of colan cancer they wont hook the co;on back said it was too risky the doctor i had left town and can't be reached and he was the one that said it could be done in 9 months after the operation

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Its

Its hard to address your question without knowing why there is concern about the operation in question.
Is it felt to be dangerous because of the risk of recurrent or residual tumor, or because of the amount of bowel left to operate on, or because your overall health is compromised? It's not possible to know what the issue is without more information. If your first doctor is not reachable--and if we assume that his records are also unavailable--then your only real option is to start again with a new surgeon. If you don't like his or her answers because they disagree with what you had previously been told, then by all means, get a second opinion.

In brief: Its

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews

In brief: I

I would need to get more information.
I do not know if your first surgery was due to some kind of emergency such as intestinal blockage, or if your cancerous tumor was fully removed at the operation. Did you have chemotherapy or radiation treatment? Was the first surgeon unable to connect your colon together during the first surgery due to problems with healing or due to cancer? Usually it is a state law that your medical records be saved a preserved for a certain number of years, and those records would help a doctor tell what was done at the first surgery. Sometimes there are medical or surgical reasons that a colostomy cannot be removed and the colon reconnected again. I do not know if you have significant medical risks for surgery or anesthesia. I do not know if there were anatomical or surgical reasons or cancer reasons that your colon could not be connected at the first surgery. You should be able to find a surgeon who would be willing to discuss with you your risks of re-operation surgery, and why or why not another surgery may be able to be performed for you and your own specific situation. It is very important that when colon surgery is performed to reconnect the intestine, that it be performed well and safely. If the colon does not heal properly and leaks internally, then one can become extremely ill, possibly requiring another emergency surgery with another colostomy. Intestinal leaking infections can be very serious if the new surgical connection is not able to heal properly, and this type of surgery is not taken lightly.

In brief: I

I would need to get more information.
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery