Is laser mole removal effective? I want to pursue mole removal for a 2 inch oblong mole on my arm, but I am scared of surgery and getting a big scar. I want an alternative that won't leave a scar also. Does laser removal of moles really work? .

Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology

In brief: Laser

The problem with laser removal of a mole is that there is no skin available for biopsy information.
Talk to your dermatologist regarding the best way to remove and evaluate moles.

In brief: Laser

Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: Laser

Laser removal of moles is not recommended b/c moles should be evaluated by a pathologist to ensure they are benign.
Laser destroys the mole and any ability to evaluate it. Read more about the abcde's of moles at the link below. I hope that helps.

In brief: Laser

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward