Does a history of lung problems make it a bad idea for me to have radiation for breast cancer?

It Depends. It depends on your lung problems. Radiation for breast cancer may cause some lung changes on x-ray, and sometimes a cough. Women with asthma or COPD can have radiation therapy. Women with lupus or scleroderma should not have radiation therapy. You should not have radiation therapy if you have had previous radiation to your chest. Ask your radiation oncologist about your specific lung problems.
No. Very little lung is effected with good careful radiation planning. Of course these effects are in the consent form but the risk is low.
Maybe. You need to ask your pulmonary doctor to speak with your radiatin oncologist and vice versa. Very little lung tissue is hit with breast radiotherapy. But your lung situation may need a specific not a general answer.