I have spinal stenosis have spinal stenosis and they want to put me on nerve meds and seem to not want to give me my dilauded I have been taking. What should I do?

Dr. Gabor Racz
Anesthesiology

In brief: Lysis of adhesions

You can have short term help but if the diagnosis is correct the condition takes a long time to develop you need to widen the narrowed spinal segment and can be done by fluid dissection and give long time functional recovery .
Te alternative is surgery but it does not necessarily help back pain and takes longer to recover not to mention cost. Epidural steroids work but short time and do not solve.

In brief: Lysis of adhesions

Dr. Gabor Racz
Dr. Gabor Racz
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Nerve

Nerve medications may help relieve your pain to help you stop dilaudid.
If the spinal stenosis is so severe you require dilaudid, i would recommend consult with an interventional spine specialist and spine spine surgeon to see if the problem can be fixed. Good luck!

In brief: Nerve

Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Eric Weisman