How long does it take to get food poisoning? I am feeling sick all of a sudden. An hour ago i had a crab salad to eat...Does it take longer for food poisoning to take hold? Could it be that?

In brief: Symptoms

Symptoms of food poisoning usually start between four to 48 hours after eating contaminated food.
It is usually because you have eaten food contaminated with bacteria or other toxins. Common symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, loose bowel movements, aching muscles and possibly a fever. I don't know if you have food poisoning, but if you do it could be from a meal earlier today or even from something that you ate yesterday.

In brief: Symptoms

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine