Negative pregnancy test, could i still be pregnant? I had unprotected sex on january 7th, and was supposed to get my period february 1st, but it did not come. I took two pregnancy tests and they were both negative, but my period still hasn't come. Is ther

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There is a chance you could be pregnant however it may be too early to tell, or you could be late due to other factors such as stress/ anxiety, hormonal fluctuations etc.
You should wait one more week and if no period repeat a pregnancy test on your first morning urine. An early prediction pregnancy test is more sensitive than the regular test. If you still get a negative result and have not have a period you can wait it out or visit your doctor for further evaluation. Best of luck.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: If

If your period was due to begin on february 1st and you have a period every month, your sexual encounter of january 7th must have occurred right around your january period.
If that's true, it's unlikely you got pregnant as a result of that particular encounter. Periods can be delayed for any number of reasons, including stress, illness, ovarian cysts, excessive exercise, obesity, thyroid disease, sudden or dramatic weight loss, and taking certain medications (antidepressants, plan b, corticosteroids, etc.). In most cases, menstrual irregularities are only temporary, and your normal pattern resumes within a cycle or two. If you miss two periods in a row, see your doctor for an evaluation. If you're still concerned that you're pregnant, your doctor can perform another urine pregnancy test or order a blood test.

In brief: If

Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Adam Levy