Is it possible to get infected with chlamydia in any other way that sexual? I've been married for 10 years with a happy sexual life and a month ago I was shockingly diagnosed with std: chlamydia. I never slept or had any contact wit anyone else that my hu

Chlamydia . Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease (std) caused by the bacterium, chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is known as a "silent" disease because you may be unaware that you are infected due to lack of symptoms. Chlamydia is reported to present with no obvious symptoms in up to 75% of women and 50% of men. An untreated person might be asymptomatic years without knowing it and be capable of spreading the bacteria to someone else. According to the cdc, modes of transmission for chlamydia include: vaginal, anal, or oral sex with rare instance of chlamydia being be passed from a mother to her baby during childbirth. The bacteria would only be able to live for a short while on a hard surface. I know that people, say you get chlamydia off a toilet seat or in a sauna. That would be really hard to do. Fresh, live bacteria from a toilet seat would have to enter your body through your urethra or your vaginal area. Since most people don’t rub genitalia against the toilet seat that would be a very unlikely way to get an infection. If you had an open skin lesion and rubbed it against bacteria that was still alive, i guess that might technically be feasible. I hope this is helpful.