I had a tubal ligation 4 years ago. I missed my period in jan. And just found out i had a tubal pregnancy how does this occur and is it possible to experience depression after the fact. I find myself an emotional wreck and having a hard time dealing w thi

Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: May help

Your tube must have open up.
To treat your depression i would suggest deplin 15 mg per day, it a prescription vitamin that helps depression, without side effects.

In brief: May help

Your tube must have open up.
Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Dr. Ricardo Fontillas

In brief: Well

Well you are now well aware that pregnancy can happen after a tubal ligation.
Failed tubal ligations are not common (0.8 to 3% depending on procedure used). Three different circumstances can lead to pregnancy after a tubal ligation. The first is if one of the fallopian tubes was not ligated to begin with. Second, the ends of the fallopian tubes could grow back together (recanalization). Third, a new passage way can form called a fistula. It is understandable that you feel like your world has been turned upside down. Obviously, you underwent tubal ligation in order to permanently prevent pregnancy. Now, to your surprise, you learn you are pregnant. This is further complicated by the fact that you have been told that you have an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy please ensure that you are getting good medical treatment. Take care.

In brief: Well

Dr. Adam Levy