Could radiation therapy help me live my last few months with less cancer pain?

Yes. Many cancer patients that can not be cured may have pain or other symptoms. These problems can be helped by palliative radiation which is shorter and quicker.
Yes. Yes, fortunately radiation has a good palliative role for pain palliation. Usually, 70% of the patients achieve some level of palliation.
Palliative care. Interating radiothrapy into palliative care and hospice programs results in a focus on doing everything necessary to help provide comfort and maintain function. Also, many times, just a single radiotherapy dose can help deliver relief of pain. Team work and acceptance of the move to "let's focus on quality and comfort" rather than "do anything" regardless of low liklihood helps.