I am 48. Period every month until last one oct. 1, then again jan. 27 for 5 days. On the 5th of feb spotting notice when wiping what is happening?

In brief: You

You are 48 years old and have developed menstrual irregularities.
Premenopause or perimenopause usually occurs between ages 45 to 55. Your menstrual periods can be lighter or heavier. Your menses might last longer or fewer days than what has been normal for you. It may not come regularly. Possible symptoms can include: hot flashes, problems sleeping, fatigue, irritability, depressed mood, thinner or more dry vagina and poorer memory. I recommend that you see your obstetrician so that you can be reassured when the reason for your menstrual changes is confirmed.

In brief: You

Dr. Adam Levy