Neurology question concerning a abnormal paraneoplastic panel I was told that my panel had abnormalities in it and that I should have a chest CT scan done and a lambert eaton test and a never conduction study as well. I went to the neurologist because my

Lambert-Eaton . Lambert-eaton syndrome is a neuromuscular disorder associated with abnormal antibodies to what are called voltage gated calcium channels. These are channels in the membrane of the nerve part of the nerve-muscle junction. When a signal travels along the nerve to a muscle cell the tip of the nerve makes contact with the muscle cell and forms what is called a neuro-muscular junction. A substance called acetylcholine (a neuro-transmitter) is released into the neuromuscular junction and attaches to receptors on the muscle. The acetylcholine then causes potential changes in the membrane and the muscle cell is activated. The role of the voltage gated channels are to allow for the release of the acetylcholine. If abnormal antibodies are attached to the channels, the acetylcholine can't be released. This results in les. Les is sometimes confused with myasthenia gravis, a condition in which other antibodies are attacking the receptor sites at the nerve muscle junction. Both conditions can cause muscle weakness because both affect the function of the nerve muscle junction. The vgcc (voltage gated calcium channel) antibodies are often seen in people with certain types of lung and thymus tumors sometimes long before the tumor is actually found. A chest ct scan would be done to look for a tumor. An EMG and nerve conduction test would help distinguish between les and mg. There is an association between autoimmune disorders and les not related to small cell tumors of the lung. There are treatments available. It is good that you don't have ms. Good luck to you.
incomplete. Not sure your question is complete. Sounds like you have seen a neuromuscular specialist, which would be good.