I was diagnosed with costochondritis, is it normal to wake up numb all over the body, not being able to move my arms or legs? It starts as a numbing, then as it progresses I cannot move my arms, or legs. I tend to lose speech abilities as well.

Costochondritis . Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage that attaches the ribs to the breastbone. It is a common cause for chest pain. The condition normally is not dangerous and can resolved with or without treatment. You may have costochrondritis, but it should not be the cause of you to loose your speech ability, become numb and to be unable to move your extremities. These symptoms could be due to a more serious neurological problem. If you are experiencing progressive inability to move your limbs, i recommend that you get emergency care.