Do I have a foot fungus ? How can I get rid of dead peeling skin on my feet ? I have very dry feet, the skin on the bottom of my feet have been peeling for as long as i can remember, i tried using a pumice stone, soaking them, getting a pedicure, but noth

Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: There

There are several conditions that can cause peeling of the skin on your feet.
Any process that triggers rapid renewal of the epidermis on your feet will contribute to thickened, peeling skin; in many cases this problem is merely due to an occupation that demands a lot of walking or standing. Your doctor can readily diagnose a fungal infection by obtaining a skin scraping and examining it under a microscope. If this doesn't reveal the cause of your peeling, he/she can investigate for other potential causes (circulation problems, dyshidrosis, ichthyosis, autoimmune disorders, etc.). If you haven't seen your doctor about this issue yet, i recommend you do so.

In brief: There

Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: There

There is a possiblity.
You also might have psoriasis. My recommendation would be to either visit a podiatrist or a dermatologist and have them take a skin biopsy of your feet and send it to pathology to discover exactly what type of skin condition you have. Based on that, a proper treatment plan and medication can be administered to treat it.

In brief: There

There is a possiblity.
Dr. Velimir Petkov
Dr. Velimir Petkov
Dr. Shontae Buffington