Are these symptoms of dehydration? Today at softball practice i was working really hard when all of a sudden i felt extremely light-headed. This accompanied the urge to vomit and i had to sit down to avoid falling down. My vision seemed to turn black. I d

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This sounds more like low blood sugar.
Did you eat before practice? If so did you eat enough, that is also an important question? Also, dehydration could also have played a role. Was your fluid intake low? The pain in your throat may have been the start of a throat infection, which could make you more prone to dehydration. If these symptoms have occurred a second time and/ or your throat is sore or you have a fever, i recommend you have a complete evaluation by your doctor right away. Take care.

In brief: This

This sounds more like low blood sugar.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Marsha Davis