Why haven't i gotten pregnant? I am 20 years old I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 months now. On some ocassions he has finished inside me more than least. We now are trying to have a baby but still no pregnancy, is this norma

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: On

On average it takes a woman about one year to get pregnant.
If a year passes and you are unsuccessful then you can talk to your doctor about an infertility work up for yourself and your boyfriend. In the meantime try to relax and not focus so much on it. Stress can actually hinder the process. If you want to be more proactive you can purchase an ovulation prediction kit online or at your local pharmacy. Follow the details instructions to track ovulation. I recommend after you get an idea of when you ovulate each month, have intercourse a few days before and after that date. Also please start taking pre-natal vitamins with folic acid, reduce stress, exercise and eat a healthy diet. Good luck.

In brief: On

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis