What to do after onset of food poioning? The vomitting has stopped, the diahrea continues. Vomitting started with in 6 hours and the episode started about 20 hours ago. What should I eat, drink, not eat or not drink; medicine? How about asprin?

In brief: You

You may wish to start with clear liquids like broth, clear juices (not acidic) for the first 12 hours.
If you start vomiting again with liquids or you are not keeping up with the fluid loss through your bowel, you may need to go to the emergency room for intravenous hydration. Do not recommend that you take Aspirin as if can be tough on the GI tract. If you are working hard to keep up with hydration but find yourself feeling dizzy, especially when getting up from lying down or sitting, feel faint, find that your resting pulse rate is acclerated well above a hundred; you may need to be seen. I would avoid dairy, meats and vegetables intially. Might wish to start bland - like toast or rice.

In brief: You

Dr. Vicken Poochikian