What causes me to get sick from burn off of charcoal burning grills i can't eat the food without getting sick, headaches, stomach aches, weak eyes puff, dizzy, weak. This can last several days(4 to 6). No matter what food it is. Gas grills or wood burning

In brief: You

You may be reacting to any one of a number of things.
Charcoal grills produce poisonous carbon monoxide gas, so you need to use it in a well ventilated area. When meats are cooked on a grill; the fat that drips below onto the charcoal & can form polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (pahs). The pah rises with the smoke and becomes absorbed in the meat as well as being inhaled. Heterocyclic amines (hca’s) can form in meat due to the heat released during grilling. Charcoal contains coal dust and limestone which can also become airborne and can be inhaled. Patients who are treated with activated charcoal can have an allergic reaction with hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. I suggest you keep your distance from grills and grilled meats. Stay well.

In brief: You

Dr. Eric Weisman