What can I do to stop a uti? I think that I am getting a uti. I do not yet have pain when i go to the restroom but I am experiencing an uncomfortable feeling so i know that the pain is coming. Is there anything thing i can do now so that I do not have to

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: You

You can try to flush it out with large amount of fluids (drink beverages) and drink acidic juice (cranberry, orange).
But if it doesn't resolve within hours, or if you have increased pain, if there is any chance you are pregnant, if you have vomiting, fever, or light-headedness, then you must be evaluated immediately. Uti's can become serious if not treated early so please don't wait.

In brief: You

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine