What makes a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck? Recently, I lost some weight. I was not huge to begin with, but I definitely have some loose skin especially around my belly. My current height is 5'6" and my weight is 135 pounds. Are they within range f

Rare Patient. Generally, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation, after pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss. Seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice.
Very rare patient. It is very rare to find a patient that only has redundancy of the lower abdominal skin without a significant amount of muscles separation. These are really the only good candidates for a mini tummy tuck.
Not many people. A good candidate is thin or of normal weight, good muscle tone, tight upper belly and minimal lower belly skin excess. Is that you?
The. The short answer to your question is that if you have pretty tight skin above the below button and the skin is loose only below it, then a mini-tummy tuck is likely ok. If there is a lot of loose skin above and below the belly button, then a full tummy tuck is usually better.
Your. Your question is a very common question encountered when discussing options for tummy tuck procedures. After moderate weight loss, some women may be candidates for the "mini tummy tuck" procedure, which removes the loose tissue below the belly button, tightens the abdominal wall muscles below the belly button, and redrapes the tissue to create a tighter, more flat appearing lower abdomen. If there is significant looseness of the abdominal tissues and abdominal muscles above the belly button as well, the standard tummy tuck procedure would be the best solution, as the standard tummy tuck tightens the entire abdominal wall and removes a much greater amount of loose, redundant tissue and skin, which creates a tight and flat appearance over the entire abdomen. Your board certified plastic surgeon will be able to answer which would be the best procedure for you. All the best, dr. Skourtis.
Whether. Whether or not you are a candidate for a mini versus a full tummy tuck really isn't determined by your height and weight. It really depends on the amount of skin you have and is it your entire abdomen or localized to a small area avove your pubis. Www. Beautybybrueck. Com.