Does aquamid injectable filler have a long safety history in the united states? I am middle-aged woman. I was researching aquamid injectable filler online for for lip augmentation on my wrinkled and thin upper lip. I found that it was used more extensivel

Dr. Scott Smith
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Not Much

In the us the standard of care for lip enhancement and dermal fillers is hyaluronic acid.
Examples include juvederm, restylane. Other products last longer such as Radiesse which is used for dermal but not lips. Aquamid is a polyacrylamide as is considered a permanent filler. It is safe and lasts longer but if new to fillers try the other ones first just in case you don't like the results.

In brief: Not Much

Dr. Scott Smith
Dr. Scott Smith
Dr. James Newman
Aquamid is not approved for use in the United States . I have seen delayed granulomas appear which have to be treated in the lips.
Dr. Julio Garcia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Although

Although only recently approved in the us for non-cosmetic use, it has been in use in europe for many years.
There are some patients there with good results but there are also numerous reports in the medical literature of severe adverse reaction to the product.

In brief: Although

Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Adam Levy