Suddenly can't see out of eye the other day i was watching tv and i started having double vision. Then the next day i woke up and my left eye was blurry and i couldn't see out of it at all. I've been getting migraines my entire life and a few hours after

Dr. James Auran
Ophthalmology

In brief: The

The symptoms are not typical for a migraine alone.
You noted two distinct and dramatic symptoms (double vision, blur), separated in time, and i think you indicate a headache as well. More history will help to zero in on the problem, and if you were my patient i'd have you come in promptly (i.e. That day) to figure out what's going on. While migraine (which can change in presentation over time), loss of control of a pre-existing eye muscle imbalance, and/or surface irritation would be the most benign cause, other, time sensitive and potentially dangerous situations should be investigated immediately. You might have a vascular cause needing immediate attention (e.g. Transient ischemic attack, temporal arteritis or other inflammations) or other issues. My advice: see your eye md asap.

In brief: The

Dr. James Auran
Dr. James Auran
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: Migraine

Migraine auras are almost always in both eyes at the same time, even if one eye is worse than the other. When the vision disappears in only one eye, it usually signals that blood flow to that eye was stopped temporarily.
This is called amaurosis fugax, and is a potential sign of some very bad problems. You need your doctor to set up a carotid doppler test and an echocardiogram as soon as possible. And if it is safe for you, you should also be on a baby Aspirin each day.

In brief: Migraine

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Douglas Miller
Pathology

In brief: Migraines

Migraines are not always the same, so if you have never had one with an aura before you could, indeed, have one with an aura.
However "aura" almost never comes with double vision and then blindness in one eye. This suggests a serious neurological problem, even if it cleared up hours later. You should see a neurologist asap and be worked up for possible tia, risk factors for stroke, or other neurological disease which may have caused these symptoms and signs.

In brief: Migraines

Dr. Douglas Miller
Dr. Douglas Miller
Dr. Eric Weisman