I have intense pain in the back side of my right leg, just above back of my knee when sitting or driving. Its a very localized area and does not radiate. I am in good shape, jog, walk alot. Might I have pulled something? Read up on sciatica, doesn't s

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Muscle Spasm

Trigger points are bands of taut muscle areas that hurt when pressed upon and radiate to other areas than just the painful spot that is pressed upon.
Most times stretching and massage of that area relieves these spots, however sometime they continue and need to be addressed by your doctor. If this doesn't resolve it or touch doesn't hurt, consider this being sciatica and get spine evaluation.

In brief: Muscle Spasm

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: There

There are a wide variety of problems that occur in this area, including baker's cysts, meniscal tears, PCL tears, tendinitis, nerve injuries, popliteal artery aneurysms, and some growths (most benign and some cancerous).
The best thing to do is to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have it examined and x-rayed. Some problems will need mri. There are a lot of important anatomical parts in that area and it should not be ignored.

In brief: There

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Radiculopathy

Or pain from nerve compression can localize to one area, so a good evaluation of sensation, reflexes and strength is important, maybe with an mri.
Find a good ortho spine doc to help you.

In brief: Radiculopathy

Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine