Is it possible to have a miscarriage from straining to poop i've already had 4 miscarriages so i was just concerned I am almost a month late and I am getting constipated and having to stain so i just wanted to know if straining could cause a miscarriage

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I am so sorry that you have gone through four miscarriages.
No, straining will not cause a miscarriage, but if you are having painful periods you could use a glycerin suppository to help. Or you can also go to a pharmacy and ask for a safe stool softener, telling the pharmacist that you are pregnant. Good luck to you with this pregnancy.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy